Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Looks like watercolors! - Fun quick kids' craft

Pin It

The other day I was watering plants, and I accidentally dripped some water on one of my daughter's artworks. Since their creations need to be treated with respect, or so they think, I put it on the kitchen counter to dry. And then I convinced her that I liked it almost even better this way:


It had sort of a water color look. My girls were really excited about it and thought it looked like they painted it!

So we felt like we 'invented' a new craft by accident!

We took some coloring books, just those made with that ugly grey-ish paper.

They picked a favorite picture, and colored it with markers.


Then we sprayed it with a water bottle.


And let it dry...

(We put it outside in the sun.)


Just a fun, quick little craft, and it looks like they painted, without the mess.

Pin It

No comments: