Thursday, March 4, 2010

Button birds

Pin It

You don't need to run out and get a lot of supplies to make these cute button birds. Most supplies are probably things you have laying around, anyway.They make for a cute decoration on a quick handmade card, or can be used as embellishment in a scrapbook.

Supplies needed:
  • Buttons
  • Googly eyes
  • Patterned paper
  • Cardstock
  • Markers
  • Adhesive




Lay the button on the background paper.

With a black marker, draw the beak, tail and feet of the bird, copying the pictures above.

Glue the button on the background paper.

Cut a little wing out of patterned paper, and attach the wing and the eye.

You're done!



I can see many more ways to use buttons to create cute creatures. This would also make a nice craft for kids who are old enough not to try to eat them :)

You could let kids figure out how many different animals they can make with the help of buttons.

By the way, Walmart sells baggies with all kinds of buttons for about $ 1.50. You get a lot for that price, it's a great deal.

I linked this up to:

Pin It

5 comments:

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Okay, these are just too cute!!! Thanks for sharing your link on childmade.com.

Caryn said...

These are just the cutest thing.

Crafty Like Lindy said...

I love these! I think I may make some to decorate notecards with!
I am a new follower, cime check me out sometime.

Lauren said...

Adorable!

Mariska said...

I just made another version of this bird, this time I used a small feather for its tail. Check it out on today's post!